Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
What you'll do:
● Push the limits of mobile devices and create great user experiences
● Build smooth, stable and fun products
● Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
● Perform code reviews, design reviews and iterate quickly without compromising quality
● Collaborate efficiently with top engineers around the world
● Create engineering quality and efficiency
Who we’re looking for:
● BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
● Strong CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
● People who get excited by tough technical challenges
● Love learning and are passionate about helping others
Preferred skills and qualifications:
● M.S. degree in Computer Science or related fields
● 3+ years of experience in developing mobile applications
● Java and Android experts
● Expertise with media processing pipeline, including Camera, Image, Video, Audio, GPU, Graphics, OpenGL
● Fluent in both written and spoken English
Snapchat is a fun, innovative, challenging, and rewarding company. If it sounds like a fit to you and you want to work and have fun, please apply. We are looking for engineers that can do any or all development in iOS and backend development.